Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Goodbye 2013

It seems the older we get, the quicker time goes by. So cliché...I know!  Actually, all of my life I have hated my birthday.  December 29th is smack in between Christmas and New Years and often my birthday parties were sparse.  My birthday pictures are a sprinkling of friends with mass cousins all around.  I complained often...probably too often that I hated my birthday.  That a summertime birthday would be so nice.  My Mom's answer would always be the same "sometimes you just can't plan those things."  I never got the full impact of that very statement until I became pregnant with Cash, headed to my first appointment and was given the due date of December 8th.  Point taken, Mom, point taken ;) 

It was just this year that I think I had the realization that having a end of December birthday is actually kind of cool.  I mean, you get all the end of years festivities, a birthday and then BAM, it's a new year and I get to start all over with another year of knowledge and learning under my belt.  I think that 33 is going to be a good year!  It's taken the last few months to realize some things.  A few nips and tucks if you will, to see the big picture.  To enjoy things a little more than I was. 

A re-cap and some highlights of our 2013....

{1} We were able to move back to Bozeman!!

{2} Cash started 3 day a week preschool and LOVES it!

{3} BJ's company is in the process of being bought out by NorthWestern Energy.

{4} We went on our first family vacation to Oklahoma for Bobby & Amy's wedding.

{5} Our family is officially complete with Angus!

{6} Clara is talking A LOT...like may eventually give Cash a run for his money...HELP!

{7} Cash played his first season of T-Ball

{8} I took lots and lots of pictures of all these events...when we are old and grey we will love them!

Looking forward to what new adventures and happenings await our family this year.  Dynamics will change as people grow.  Cash will start Kindergarten this year and Clara will learn to grow without her brother by her side.  Cash will grow by leaps and bounds I just know it.  BJ and I will have our 7th Anniversary this year and it will also mark 10 years of being together!  Things always seem to change and evolve and I am ready for what is coming in 2014.

xo
Betsy

No comments:

Followers