Wednesday, January 8, 2014

homebound

The last week in this house has seemed to drag on forever.  Being homebound with a 5 and 2 year old can be quite wearing on a person's sanity.  Most days I do ok with the mood swings of pre-schoolers.  The last few days though, I feel like I should be opening up my own wing in the states mental hospital.  To top it off, Angus was neutered yesterday.  Nuts cut, ballectomy, whatever you would like to call it...and his dew claws were removed.  This adds a whole new craziness to the house, since he is a chewer by nature (we have already had to replace his rabies tag since he chewed the hell out of that!)  and it feels like every 5 minutes I am telling him to stop chewing on his bandaids.
 
 
Clara seems to have gotten hit the lightest with the sickies.  The other day she was whiny and clingy and I quite frankly was getting a numb left hip and arm from totting her around all day.  Best solution for a cranky kid?  A bath!  So I filled up our huge bathtub with vapor bath bubbles and plopped her in.  I thought turning on the super cool jets would be an added bonus...wrong!  Scared the crap out of her and Angus. Oops!  Lesson learned, no jets for the 2 year old!  I managed to smooth it over with cups of "bubble coffee" that she made for me.  Angus came in for his own cups and she gladly served him up some too, with some smooches for the road.
 
 
 
 









No comments:

Followers