Wednesday, March 28, 2012

[Clara 6 months]

Happy Half Birthday to my baby girl!!! Six whole months since she joined our family, but it seems like she has always been here. I remember when Cash turned 6 months it seemed kinda sad, that he was on the down slope of being One, and for some reason it made me feel sad. However, with Clara, I (rather Cash and I) decided to celebrate it! We threw her a half birthday party, cake and all! Dressed her up in a fancy dress that my good friend Cassie made for her and snapped some picks of my real life dolly! We had her 6 month well baby check on the 16th. Yes, I know I am horribly behind with uploading this post. I also have a camera full of pics that need to be downloaded and put up....in time. Her stats are.... *16 lbs (50 percentile!) so right where she needs to be! *25.5 inches long (40 percentile) Her head has jumped from the 55% to the 93%! They measured it twice because the nurse thought she read the numbers wrong. At first I was worried that it wasn't growing properly, but when they told me it was actually growing lots I was shocked!! Cash always had a big noggin, but Clara's just didn't seem that big to me. I am thinking that they mis-measured last time perhaps, making for such a big jump? So a round-up of what Clara is up to these days..... *She STILL isn't sleeping through the night.....Come on baby girl!!! I love you dearly, but do we really need to visit 3-4 times a night?!?! *Goes to bed at 6pm (I don't need emails recommending her go to sleep later....she is physically unable to stay up any later!) *Eating solids like a champ! My good little eater has tried and NEVER rejected.....carrots, green beans, peas, butternut squash, cauliflower, avacado, pears, apples, bananas, mangoes, peaches (current fav!)and yogurt. She has 3 meals daily now. Ususally a fruit or yogurt mixed with her rice cereal for breakfast. *She has finally mastered rolling over both ways! She now rolls in her sleep too, which confuses her when she wakes up on her tummy! *Her favorite thing is blowing raspberries at everyone! Strangers, Cash...you name it! She actually just started blowing spit at me when I try to clean her face or wipe her nose! It has become her defense I believe! *Happy to report that she naps twice daily IN HER CRIB!! Wahoo!!! She still prefers to lie down awake, I am happy to oblige! *When she is sleepy or upset she has taken a liking to sucking her middle and ring fingers on her right hand only. It has been nice that she is able to self soothe and suck her fingies when she is tired. I know she is fully asleep when those fingers come outta her mouth! *She is starting to "play" more with Cash. She lights up when he is around and when she is in her bouncer I often find Cash kneeling right next to her! Clara is a super good baby for us! Cash still thanks me daily for picking out the "best baby in the whole world" and "thanks for picking her out at the hospital for us"....I couldn't agree more, Cash :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers