Sunday, October 3, 2010

This is my Heaven













Do you ever have one of those days, where you think "this is my heaven"...I always think this every fall. When the leaves are bright shades of red, yellow and orange. Where it literally looks like the heavens are shining down a flashlight, to light up the trees. Fall is my favorite time of year, and I wish it lasted longer! The mornings are cool (really, really cool if you happen to live in the "mining city") the days are still warm enough to go without a jacket, and the evenings cool off to remind you that winter is on its way.

Yesterday it was beautiful outside. Warm, acutally. BJ was out with Keith riding dirtbikes, so I decided to pack up my little man and take some pictures of the awesome fall foliage. Mother nature did not dissapoint me! As I headed out of town, my small road warrior was bobbling his head in his carseat, so I took the opportunity to pull out along Hwy 2 and snap some pictures of the scenery. I want to frame every last shot I took!

Cash finally woke up, and so we found a quiet spot along a dirt road and took some pics. He thinks it's pretty funny to set the camera to auto and run to get in the picture. He laughs and laughs as I push the self timer button and run to take the shot. It helps that he is quite the ham and smiles on que everytime :) I also wanted to take some pictures for his birthday invites. So I dressed him up in his "2" shirt and took these pics.

It was actually starting to get hot, and the farther we went on our journey, we found that the leaves had already fallen off many of the trees. So since the Jeep thermometer said it was 82 outside, I figured it was a good opportunity for some ice cream. Off we went to Dairy Queen. Cash just started liking ice cream again (I know...how could he have been my son, and NOT liked ice cream!! I ate gallons when I was pregnant with him!) He was sooo stinkin cute with his cone, that I figured my photo shoot shouldn't end with the trees. We sat on the bench and "chatted", he pointed out trucks, and buses, and imitated the noises we heard.

So, like I said before, this fall afternoon yesterday, was my heaven. When I close my eyes and think of what a perfect day would be like, I think I got pretty close to it yesterday. A beautiful fall day, and my little guy to spend it with. The only thing missing was my big guy, and I can venture to say that motorcycle riding in the mountains may just be his slice of heaven.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers