Tuesday, June 24, 2014

summertime...and pushing out of my comfort zone...

 
I am a sucker for a schedule.  A planner by nature.  Type A...first born...likes to be in control.  As the years go on however, I am learning to push out of my comfort zone.  To let schedules shift a little and leave days open for adventure. 
 
Our after dinner/bath/story time routine is where have learned to deviate from.  While I will NEVER let them go without a bath...we opt for playing more after dinner in lieu of stories.  Snacks are drippy popsicles eaten outside while playing in sand.  After dinner bike rides in the bike trailer swapped out for extra stories.  My house is often not as clean as I would like it to be.  Small kids (and me!) go stir crazy when kept inside too long.  Pop over and my breakfast dishes may get done in combination with lunch dishes...but I am learning to be ok with it.  It's a work in progress...I am still Type A...first born!
 
 
 
 









                                     I rode my bike with both kids in the bike trailer to Town and Country this morning.  It was a workout to say the least!  I figure I had 90ish pounds behind me!  We decided to stop at Kirk Park after our few groceries were bought.  I had packed a lunch and my camera.  When the kids asked to take off their shoes and walk around in the stream, my answer was "heck ya!".  They splashed and played for a while.  Mud mushing between tiny toes.  Dirt all over newly tanned legs.  And a certain 2 yr old that daily pushes me out of my comfort zone, falling into the water and then stripping down to her panties to continue on! 
 
 

















My over planning-stick to a schedule self will return once the fall arrives and our new life with a Kindergartener begins.  But for now, I will enjoy the summer and all the impromptu adventures we can have.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Those two kids are so cute!! I am also type A, so I feel your pain :)

Followers