Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cash Henry is 3!!!

Cash turned 3 on November 5th. A whole 3 years old already!!! Seems that he was just Clara's size not that long ago...

Cash 3 weeks old, Thanksgiving 2008



Cash on his 1st Birthday



Cash on his 2nd Birthday



...and his 3rd Birthday



****************

Cash got up opened his present from us, a kid camera! He is always wanting to use mine (YIKES!) and so I found a V-Tech camera that is fully encased in....rubber! He seemed to like it :) He had 4 friends over for a birthday party during the day. I let him chose the menu. He chose pizza and for his cake, he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. We had a pinata and played Pin the Tail on the Donkey. It was pretty funny!! Later in the afternoon, Nana and Grandpa came over and we had dinner with them. Again, I let him pick what we would have: chicken, rice, broccoli and carrots. Funny, huh?? He has become fond of broccoli since watching Olivia. Imagine this in a song...."look at me...I'm broccoli!!!" haha! Anyway, he eats it up, so I love the song too...

We went in for his 3yr well check. He is a whole 31 lbs and 39 inches tall. Right at the 50% mark for weight, and 80% for height!! Tall and skinny still. I can barely get the kid to eat on a daily basis. But his beloved "treat cup" full of milk is always a favorite. I often fill it with Carnation Instant Breakfast on days when he eats NOTHING.

Cash knows all his colors, and can count to 12 all alone (although leaving out 7 most times...). He is an awesome big brother and LOVES baby sister Clara June Cope as he calls her! The other day we were driving home from Bozeman and she was screaming because she was hungry, so Cash decided to growl really loud at her like a Dino...he thought it was making her feel better. He has a good heart :) Dora, Dino Dan and Bearnstein Bears are his current favorite cartoons.

He is a mini chef in the kitchen. He loves helping me cook and bake. Living in Butte, makes for long, boring days, so we often bake cookies and other treats to pass our time. He plays well with his little friends that he has made. I am pretty sure his favorite pal to play with is Grandpa Hugh! Everytime we head to Bozeman, he asks if Grandpa will be home or at the shop. I think it helps that they can be men together, Grandpa has given him a special pocketknife to have at their house, and they are often in the garage "donging" nails.

Cash has FINALLY started to sleep through the night. Thank the good Lord!! He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00. Sometimes earlier, we take advantage of the fact that he can't yet tell time! He is a very early riser, like 5am early! I didn't mind before Clara was born, but it seems she is always up around 4 for a feed and then he is up right after I get her back down.

Cash is growing into such a cool little person. The little quirky things he says, and does just make your day. In the last 3 years, I haven't loved so much, been so frustrated, or prayed for patience on a daily basis, but I wouldn't change it all for anything! I love my little Cash Henry :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers