Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm Going Going Back Back To Cali Cali.....





Ok, so not entirely true, I have already gone to Cali and have returned. Cash and I drove down with Mom, Dad, and Andrea last Friday and came home this past Thursday on the plane. Cash did awesome! I didn't know which would be worse, the 20 hour car ride or the plane ride. He did great with both!! We drove 13 hours the first day and stayed the night in St.George, UT. Then stopped in Vegas for lunch, and checked out the Bonnie and Clyde car.

The trip was *mostly* all work and no play. Grandpa's house was needing to be all cleaned out, and after living there for 37 years this proved to be no small task. We met Uncle Mike and Aunt Tina down there and the work began as soon as we arrived. Dad and Uncle Mike replaced flooring while the girls went through all the cupboards and got things ready for the garage sale. It was long days and short nights. Cash was a tad bit disorientated at night, and I didn't get much sleep. Actually I am sure not many people got much sleep in the house while we were there!

Andrea, Cash and I were able to get out on Wednesday with our family friend Connie to do a little shopping. I miss California shopping!! We went to the Glendale Galleria and they have this new Americana outdoor shopping, with this awesome fountain that goes off playing music every hour. Cash was pretty excited about it. We rounded out our day with apps and cocktails at The Cheesecake Factory :) It was a way fun trip!!

We did get to visit with some family that we hadn't seen in a while, and none had met Cash before. We also got to meet new baby Emma. My cousin Luke and his wife Crystal had Emma in July so Cash got to meet a new cousin. Cash also got to meet his cousins Hannah and Sarah. It was lots of new people to meet for him!


Mom and Dad are still down there with Aunt Tina and Uncle Mike, and they are hoping to get the house up on the market and get home by the end of the week.

I will post the pics, I have LOTS but will just get the ones that best highlight the trip!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers