Tuesday, September 1, 2015

{1st Grader}

This post about entering 1st grade has a totally different vibe next to the post about entering Kindergarten.  This is old hat, both knowing what to expect, there were no first day jitters around here.  In fact I had to remind him the night before that school was starting, he groaned a little when I told him that it was his first day of 1st grade in the morning but I knew better, he was somewhat excited to get back.
 
 





Summer treated us well; trips to parks with friends, lunch out followed by walks downtown, two trips to Yellowstone, a few camping trips, movies at the theater and lounging around the house in jammies longer than usual.  But truth be told he was ready to get back into his school routine and so was I!  We had a "supply fly-by" last week where we went and dropped off the long list of supplies for his class.  We met his teacher and toured the class.  He found out that his desk lifts up this year which was a highlight for him!  We rode our bikes home afterwards and he said "I think I love my teacher!".  Seriously, what more could I ask for.  She is a veteran teacher with two grown boys of her own.  Well equipt to deal with wiggly little boys. 
 After the first day of school he was tired and hungry.  Stories began to trickle out over the course of the night as he told us that he had Health Enhancement (PE) and that a kid in his class was already in trouble most of the day.  He found his good friend from last year on the playground at recess and seemed happy about his day.  This kid loves to learn and I can't wait to see all that is in store for round 2 of school! 

No comments:

Followers