Friday, May 23, 2014

hank & june

 


     I wasn't always a crafty person.  In school, my drawings were completely abstract.  Not being able to draw a single thing to save my life was usually how it went.  Justin was always considered the artsy one out of the three of us.  My parents are awesome artists.  My Mom can draw anything and my Dad can create amazing things out of wood. 
     Something changed in me after Cash was born.  Maybe it was the fact that I was home with a newborn and quite frankly, things get boring.  The first thing I made was a scrapbook for my Mom for Christmas.  I spent many hours placing pictures with corresponding themed stickers.  The pages were loaded with baby pictures of Cash and Ryan and everything they had done in their first year.  I kind of got the crafting bug.  I moved onto making cards.  It was fun to be creative and personalize cards for different people and occasions.  After people started liking what I was making, I got more and more addicted! 
     After Cash was bigger, our crafting bloomed again.  He would sit with me and "do a project" while I tinkered away on the latest thing I happened to be working on.  We have many birdhouse that have been painted and canvas prints around the house from this time period. 
     Just this last Christmas I got the idea to start sewing.  Andrea had bought me a kitchen towel for my birthday that had cute scraps of fabric sewed on.  Thinking to myself that I could totally pull something like this off but using the shape of MT (or various other things) and perhaps make something of it. 
     After that, Hank & June was born.  I bought some towels and cute fabric and made my first one.  Getting a decent response from family and friends, I figured that I would take a leap of faith and buy a space at Farmers Market this summer!  I have been sewing every spare second I get and have a stock pile of 30 towels so far.  I want my booth to be cute and draw people in, so I have been searching Pinterest for ways to decorate a booth.  I have an 8ft space to fill.  It's still a work in progress but I am getting excited as the day approaches.  It's scary to put myself out there, hoping that it sells and people like what they see!








I have also done custom orders for a few people.  Onesies, burp cloths and various different states!  Let me know if I can make one for you ;)  betsycope@yahoo.com

No comments:

Followers